Hello I am the Parent Support Advisor for Parkland Infant and Junior School. My role is to support parents and carers and offer advice and guidance.
Below are just some of the areas of support I can offer:
- Providing information about school and local services (including childcare and holiday play schemes) available.
- Listening and talking to children and parents about any concerns or queries they have within the family or school.
- Promoting conversations between parents and their children through family mediation.
- Attending meetings with you, for moral support or to take notes.
- Helping complete forms/paperwork.
- Liaising with other professionals e.g. school nurse, social workers.
- Helping you understand and manage referrals.
- Supporting children in school giving them someone to listen to their worries and concerns.
- Offering a home visit if you find it easier to talk at home.
- Supporting with transition into reception and onto secondary schools.
- Family breakdown and separation/
- Benefits and housing advice.
- Supporting behaviour management, sleep and healthy eating.
I am here to offer impartial and confidential advice. My office is based in Cuckoo Cottage and I am available Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm. I look forward to meeting you soon.
Phone: (01323) 502862 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org